Learn to Build Your Own Blockchain with the Starport Community Call
Starport , the fastest way to build, test, and launch a Cosmos blockchain, launched a little over a year ago. Today, over 285 blockchain applications use Starport. The Starport tooling originated from the idea that building and launching a blockchain shouldn’t be a barrier to entry for people wanting to create powerful decentralized and community-driven organizations.
Take a minute to think about these questions:
- Are you looking for a way to start learning blockchain development?
- Are you a Starport builder or new to Starport in general?
- Do you have a business or application idea?
- Are you passionate about improving the blockchain developer experience?
- Would you like to make blockchain development more inclusive?
- Are you already building with Starport?
If you answered Yes to any of these questions, you’ll want to join the new monthly Starport Community call. The monthly call is a regular opportunity for the Starport community of users and developers to sync on questions, development progress and a general support system for Cosmos projects building with Starport. Hosted by Denis Fadeev, Director of Developer Experience at Tendermint and long-time Cosmos contributor, the community call acts as a working group that will focus on:
- Starport portfolio tooling updates from the past month
- The current status of Starport and what’s in store for the next month
- Discuss feedback from Starport developers and projects
How does the Starport Community call work?
Every month, the agenda for the next Starport Community call will be posted as a GitHub issue ahead of time on Starport’s public Github repo . Everyone is invited to add to the issue with their agenda items related to Starport.
On this community call we’ll implement a simple loan module using the latest Starport v0.18. The module will include functionality to create, approve, cancel, repay and liquidate loans.
When and Where?
When: Thursday, October 7th at 18h CEST.
Where: Sign up for the Starport Community call
Starport is the all-in-one platform to build, launch and maintain any crypto application on a sovereign and secured blockchain. It is a developer-friendly interface to the Cosmos SDK, the world’s most widely-used blockchain application framework. Starport generates boilerplate code for you, so you can focus on writing business logic.
- Explore Starport: https://github.com/tendermint/starport
- Install Starport on your local machine
- Try building a simple blockchain module with Starport: https://docs.starport.network/guide/
A minimal level of Golang is especially helpful as the underlying technology of the Cosmos SDK is written in Golang.
Follow our StarportHQ twitter channel for the latest updates 🚀
Join the official Starport Discord server to talk directly with Starport core developers as well as blockchain builders. Learn more about the development process behind Starport, new features we’re working on and find answers to any questions related to building with Starport! 🎉